CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Evelyn says....


Hi!

hmmm...where to start and what to say. Well my (almost) full name is Evelyn Antoinette. For those who know me, do I look like an Evelyn Antoinette? Funny enough, when I was younger I always wanted a name like Jennifer, Michelle or Crystal because there were a lot of them, and I just wanted to fit in. I was the only "Evelyn" in school so I stuck out by virtue of my name (but that's not the only reason why I was unique). It's interesting that when we are younger all we want to do is fit in and then at some point, we do everything we can to stick out and differentiate ourselves. Yep, I went through that phase too, but that got old...quick.

Now, I am at a pretty good equilibrium. I have a pretty good understanding of who I am, and that understanding changes almost every day. The biggest success in my life at this point is finally becoming comfortable with who I am...the good, and the not so good (because yes, everyone has a shadow side).

In terms of personality- I am a sharp-minded and creative entrepreneur. I teach, train, develop, coach, consult, advise and write. I vacillate between being funny and being serious. I have serious Type A tendencies, and I am task master. Another AZA recently referred to me as an M&M (think about the tagline). Thats a pretty accurate description. I'm just happy that she didn't refer to me as a Peanut M&M.

I am also a pretty simple person. Integrity is everything and "word is bond". I am a rather deep person, but I don't think that I am too complicated. I say what I say, I mean what I mean and I am very honest. I don't like to waste time and I value people who are honest as well.

Let's see- what else, I am accepting my role as a healer. For a while I was confused as to how I was supposed to go about that task...and I got frustrated. But I have figured out, that I heal through writing and teaching. If I must toot my own horn- I am a natural when it comes to training and teaching. I am glad that I was brave enough to leave the comfort of a FT job to pursue my natural-born talents.

I mentioned this before but I am a highly creative individual. At some point I lost the drive to pursue my creativity, but I am happy to report that it is back in full effect. This time, I am expressing my creativity through makeup artistry and jewelry design.

I think I will leave it at this for now...besides, if I give away everything, how else am I going to entice you to come back and visit?

0 comments: