CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Risi...Kat...Iyabo...IA is/are in the Building!


Greetings Good People!

My name is Risikat "Kat" Okedeyi and I am a proud member of this group that I have affectionately called the Afro Zen Amazon (in my head) for some years. The name came as I watched my sisters flourish around me. We work as "modern-day market women" and use our skills and gifts as part of our destined path of learning. I go by several names and adjectives, but the ones that remain consistent are: Healer, Teacher, Mother and Visionary. Within the "Healer" category, I work with people in need of spiritual guidance and under the moniker of Iya Agba Centering Services. Rituals that engage on the spirit plane, along with the medicinal use of herbs are where my powers lie. As IA, I am able to evoke the folk woman that exists within me, to serve those in need.

I am also known as LiL SoSo Productions, which is an artist management and event planning firm, that allows me to use my holistic approach to life, in the arts. I believe that balance is the single most important thing worth striving for and am constantly on the lookout for ways to engage balance on a daily basis. Most times, I fail, but sometimes I achieve balance and I see a glimpse of what life could be like if things were perfect. As a teacher, I share my experiences in hopes of learning how to do better and as a visionary, I follow spirit which guides my business steps in so many ways.

Finally, I subscribe to a Goddess theology that views women as divine beings who posses the power to initiate and maintain the change they want to see in life. Within the AZA collective, this understanding serves as our foundation. We are not victims and do not allow ourselves to be cast in that light. When you take responsibility for your destiny in partnership with spirit, things have a way of revealing themselves.

All of this being said, I welcome you to our journey and hope that as this blog grows you will find bits and pieces of insight, wisdom, and lessons that you can use and share. In the meantime know that we as the AZA are just messengers on a path of self-discovery and ultimately, so are you.

Take Care

0 comments: