CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year???



Wow, each calendar year that goes by really offers perspective on just what I have learned. This new year's cusp there was no rush for me to find things to do (cause there were events in spades and I had to turn things down). I had no mad dash about outfits (cause I put on a sweater, pants and of all things, sneakers). Even nearing the midnight hour, I just calmly decided to wait to leave one event for the next.

What did hit me is that I now see the new year in a more lunar way. I told myself about three years ago I wanted to begin aligning myself with the moon, nature and cycles, well, seems like I am more at that place than I realized and it is just nice to see that I am comfortable with my own commemorations of life.

So as I await the lunar new year (in February), I say to everyone, be bold, be blessed, and be willing to do what you need to in this new calendar year.

Drea

1 comments:

African-American Brides said...

I love the idea of looking ahead to the lunar New Year. I really have a good feeling about 2009. Thanks for this post!

Erica