CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Rant: Staying the Course...


It's hard moving out on your own and sometimes the hardest part is in taking the first step. As I bring the year to a close, I am finding the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter than ever before. Staying true to who you are is an element of humanhood that is hardest to maintain. It's easy to get caught up in who you "should be", but as a truth seeker, I find that pretending to be who you aren't will always catch up with who you are. As an AZA, I don't apologize for who I am, but I don't ignore the changes that need to be made.

As we bring 2008 to a close, let's do more than be thankful, let's do better. I am not waiting until 2009 to re-energize and motivate. It starts in this moment, with keeping my word, returning a phone call, finishing a project and taking responsibility for every moment that I am in. To all of the AZAs in the world take heart in yourself and your sisters and know that who you are is not anything more or less than the perspective from which you act. Sometimes you are the problem, if you can see it enough to change it, you can live it enough to towards better everythings.

Rant Done

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS....I'm going to use it as part of my End of the Year Message on my blog. Namaste!